Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Heirloom Dolls

Dolls from my Mom

The girl doll above was a gift to my mom from me when I was a teenager, and the other my mom bought for herself.  From day one, she kept them in a prominent place on her bedroom shelf.  I loved them both and was always so proud that she cherished my gift so much.  

On our recent trip to Hawaii, my mom wanted to know if I wanted to take them home.  Of course I said yes!!   Their outfits were a little dull after 20+ years on their shelf, so I washed them when I got home.  The pictures on the left is AFTER they were washed, which didn't really help at all.  So I got out my Shaklee "Nature Bright® Laundry Booster and Stain Remover" and soaked them for 6 hours.  The picture on the right is AFTER they were soaked and washed in the Laundry Booster.  It worked great!


The overalls are still a little faded, but it took out all the the brown!

Now the dolls have a fresh look and a new home :)

No comments: