Thursday, February 17, 2011

Job Jars

Job Jars

Hannah has been asking to do jobs around the house for a few weeks now.   Of course I wanted something fairly cute, so using some Ikea jars I found at Goodwill and some craft sticks, this is what I came up with. The sticks fit in the jars, and the jars sit on a basket/tray that my mom gave me.  The tray has been around ever since I can remember, and she let me take it home with me after our Hawaii trip.  It works perfectly for holding our little jars.

There is one "To Do" jar that holds all the job sticks.  The Red are weekly chores and the Blue are monthly chores.  I didn't bother with daily, because we're already good with that.  Each person has their own jar with their initial on it.  Jeff and Takeshi are exempt because both of them have "real" jobs (Jeff also takes care of the pool).

Each day we take out a red stick and then Friday or Saturday we also pick a blue stick.

Weekly Chores:
  • Wash Kitchen Trash Can
  • Clean Mirrors
  • Refill Soap Dispensers
  • Dust
  • Wash Kitchen Floor (Sweep Kitchen Floor is a daily chore)
  • Clean Stainless Steel
  • Wash Down Kitchen Cupboards
  • Sweet Bathroom Floors
  • Vacuum Stairs and Upstairs (Vacuum Downstairs is a daily chore)
  • Clean Bathroom (there are 3 of these, since there are 3 bathrooms)
Monthly Chores:
  • Wash Kitchen Counters (This is more of a deep clean, where everything gets moved and EVERYTHING gets cleaned)
  • Clean Patio
  • Wash Walls (fingerprints, etc)
  • Dust Ceiling Fans
  • Wash Tile Floors
  • Clean Baseboards
  • Wash Light Switches 
  • Wash Out Fridge
  • Wipe Down Doors
  • Wash Stair Railing
There are still many chores that Hannah and I have to do together, but Ernest can handle any of these on his own.

No comments: