Thursday, May 3, 2012

Growth Chart

Finished Growth Chart

 Following this tutorial from Whipperberry, I made a few portable growth chart.  

I bought all the rolls of Jute Webbing I could find at my local Super Wal-Mart.  Each roll is about 6', so it's perfect for a growth chart.

Here's the roll before I started.

With a ruler I marked off each inch with a sharpie.  Using a stencil, I made numbers for each foot mark.  Whipperberry put numbers every other inch, but this way was easier looked less cluttered.

With WordArt (in Microsoft Word) I made a template for the name.  I used an X-Acto knife to cut away the letters.  

I colored in the first letter with the sharpie...

and then pulled it back to see if it worked.

I finished the rest of the letters and then went over them again to make sure they were dark enough and to fill in any spots I missed.

Goudy Old Style is the font.

I used a grommet for the hanger at the top...

which worked great!  

I love how easy and cheap it is, so that each child can have their own.  

No comments: