Friday, December 30, 2011

Crayon Roll for Twist-up Crayons

Mushroom and Fairy Crayon Roll

Since Hannah has upgraded from "regular" crayons to twist up crayons, I decided to make her a new crayon roll.  I used the tutorial from Skip to my Lou, but changed the dimensions to fit the twist up crayons.

The pockets for each crayon are 3/4" wide

I also added two additional pockets, one at 3/4" for a pencil, and this one at 1" for a twist up eraser.
I used a 1/4" seam allowance on the entire piece.  

Outer Piece & Lining - 11.25" long and 8" tall
Inner Pocket - 11.25" long and 10" tall (folded in half so it measures 11.25" long and 5" tall
20" piece of cording and a cord stop

If you are just making one for 12 twist up crayons without the extra slots then it would measure 9.5" long (instead of 11.25" long)

Hannah's is SO into mushrooms right now this this fabric worked perfect!

The little fairies are cute too.

All rolled up which fits nicely into my purse, for drawing at restaurants.

The cord stop keeps everything nice and tight so no crayons slip out.

No comments: