Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Cute (& Easy) Pony Tail Holders

Tutorial from Make it Do

Yesterday Hannah and I went over to a friends house to make hair bows and accessories for our girls. I decided to make some fabric covered button pony tail holders. I used Dritz Aluminum Cover Button kit in a 7/8 size, that I bought from our local craft store. They are sold at most sewing & craft stores, so it shouldn't be necessary to place an online order. Make sure you buy the one that has the tool inside! After you have the tool, you can just buy the refills which are slightly cheaper. I followed the tutorial from Make it Do, which is very easy to follow. Just don't use a hammer to put the back on the button, (like I did the first time) it will flatten the button slightly and won't look nice and rounded. Just push down hard on the tool and the back should pop into the button. I also put a dot of tacky glue inside the button (before I popped the back in), to help keep the button together.

I made these ponytail holders to match a few of Hannah's outfits. The green is for upcoming St. Patricks Day and the pink with circles is going to match a Pink Fig outfit that I am still working on. The little red flowers was made using fabric that my mom had when I was a little girl. I love how cute they look! It was a lot of fun and these were so easy to make!

Here's my favorite pair! Hopefully we won't have to wait until Valentine's Day to use these :)

1 comment:

Kira said...

oh my goodness, those are so cute! :) great job!