The top to the Old Red Barn Quilt Along is finally done! I love it, but I am VERY scared to quilt it. I have no scraps left over to make a small quilt and practise on, so I am going to make a few doll quilts from other fabric that I have. I am already 2 weeks (or is it 3) behind, so I'm sure this is going to set me back some more. Oh well... I took pictures of the quilt on a queen size bed, but the quilt is too small for the bed. I'm sure it would look great on a twin, but we don't have any twin size beds in our house.
I copied Crazy Mom Quilts idea and added a row of fabric to the top and bottom of the quilt, just to make it a little bigger. I think it looks great.
I had 39 squares and 13 small pieces. I made the quilt 6 squares wide by 6 squares long, using 36 squares. I am cutting down the last 3 squares to make a small row on the back, like Leisel did in this quilt (isn't she talented!). I used 12 of the 13 small pieces to make the extra row on the top and bottom of the quilt.
I think I might buy some extra fabric to make a couple pillowcases too....